Monday, August 28, 2006

Chirp Chirp

Sorry, but this post is not going to be about cute little birds, but crickets. Today, there were crickets in our office. Somehow they've infiltrated the building and taken up refuge in a cubicle near by. When the office gets really quiet, they get really loud. So, all day we listened to chirping crickets.

At one point one of the crickets came out, and I was brought in to kill it with my steel-toe shoe. Unfortunately, they didn't know I'm not big on killing bugs manually, as they crunch when you hit them and sometimes squirt out puss. I much prefer the route of bug spray. Well finally, around 3:30pm or so, the bug man came to the rescue and sprayed the corner where the crickets were. It was nice and quiet for the 10 or so minutes after he left, and then they started their song again. Apparently not having found the poison yet. Hopefully there won't be any chirping crickets tomorrow as I'll be in the office for most of the day by myself, and the chirping makes it quite difficult to concentrate and get anything done!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ashley said...

Awe. You couldn't gather them up and put them outside?

By the way. I get to go to Amy's wedding! I thought I would let you know. I'm very excited. I just RSVPed to her wedding website, though, as I have misplaced the RSVP card in my efforts to put it somewhere memorable. Do you think they got it? I think it was Travis's email, probably. Anyway talk to you soon.

11:09 PM  
Blogger TYSEN said...

I'll take chirping over gut crunching any day...

7:26 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Yay! No more cricket chirping today! :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger ami said...

Good that they're gone :) Reminds me of the time freshman year where the guys in the dorm next door released tons of crickets into our hallway. It was horrible - and they got into everyone's rooms, the common areas, and the bathroom.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home